– 4 eggs（about 200g）
– 125g granulated sugar
– 125g cake flour
– 45g unsalted butter
– Rum liquor（extract）： adjust to suit your needs
- Whipped cream
– 400ml heavy cream（35% milk fat）
– 200ml heavy cream（47% milk fat）
– 80g powdered sugar
– vanilla extract ： adjust to suit your needs
- 25 strawberries（M size）
【1】How to make "Genoise"
1 Prepare a mold with a diameter of 18 cm and a height of 6 to 7 cm, cut parchment paper (cooking sheet) along the mold with scissors, and lay it on the mold.
2 Sift the cake flour about 3 times.
When it becomes a lump, sift it while holding it with a spatula.
3 Put the butter in a heat-resistant dish and heat it in a 600W microwave oven for about 30 seconds to melt it.
* If it is not melted, heat it for another 5 to 10 seconds and melt it.
Start preheating the oven at 170℃.
4 Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with a hand mixer.
Warm the pot with hot water, add granulated sugar while applying it to the steam of a water bath at 60-70℃, and whisk at a higher speed (about 5-6 steps in 9 steps).
* Raise the temperature of the egg liquid little by little with the image of warming with steam without touching hot water.
When the egg liquid reaches 35 ℃, remove it from the water bath and continue whisking at high speed.
* The best condition is that the dough hangs down and then falls off and does not sink immediately.
5 Add the cake flour in 3 portions and mix with a rubber spatula.
* Mix well until the egg dough becomes glossy with the feeling of spreading the cke flour.
* The point is to mix gently and quickly so as not to crush the bubbles and as not to get harden.
6 Add melted butter and rum extract and mix.
* Stop mixing as soon as the butter is completely mixed.
Pour the dough into the cake mold and tap it lightly on the table.
* It’s best that the fabric falls like a ribbon♪
7 Place in an oven preheated to 170 ° C and bake for 35-40 minutes.
* If you stick a skewer and it is raw, bake it for another 5 minutes.
8 After baking, take it from the oven, lightly drop the cake mold on the table, and give a shock to remove the steam.
Turn it upside down on a net and let it cool for 1 hour at room temperature, then turn it upside down again and wrap it to prevent it from drying and let it rest in the fridge.
【2】How to make "Whipped cream"
1 Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Place another bowl and add whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
2 Whisk heavy cream with a hand mixer until it forms a soft peak.
* It’s okay if you think it’s a little loose with a glossy and thick texture.
【3】How to decorate
1 Slice Genoise to a thickness of 1 cm, 1.5 cm, 1.5 cm from the bottom.
* Slice while stacking 5 mm rulers, you can cut cleanly horizontally .
Take the calyx of strawberries and 6 grains are sliced in half vertically.
2 Whip half the amount of cream until it forms a stiff peak.
Place 1 cm Genoise on the turntable, and thinly place the creme shanti and spread it evenly.
Layer 1.5 cm Genoise and spread the creme shanti thickly.
Arrange 12 strawberries in a circle on the inside for 1 finger (1 to 2 cm) from the edge of Genoise.
Arrange so that the tip faces inward.
3 Put the creme shanti in the center and apply in a generous amount so that the surface of the strawberry is faintly visible.
4 Place Genoise on the top and fill the side dents with creme shanti that forms a stiff peak.
* First, apply a small amount of cream so that the dough scraps do not come out on the surface, and then gradually add cream from above to get a beautiful finish.
5 Cover the whole with cream that forms a stiff peak, then coat with cream that forms a soft peak.
When the whole was napped evenly, squeeze the cream and decorate the strawberries checking the balance.